What is React native?
Although it currently only supports iOS and Android, it has the potential to expand to other platforms in the future.
IS REACT NATIVE APP, A REAL MOBILE APP?
Yes with the help of React Native, you don’t build a mobile web app or a hybrid app. You can build a real mobile app that’s different from the built-in app using “C++” or “JAVA”.
The vast majority of the code is written in cross-platform. And the best part is you can use React Native to build production for ready mobile applications.
- Right now, React Native framework is one of the fastest and most efficient platforms for mobile app development.
- It communicates with targeted components like iOS or Android and renders code to native APIs directly and independently.
- There are a number of native modules for iOS and Android, but a lot of its third-party components are still limited. Thus it often drags its feet when iOS or Android get updates their SDKs.
- React Native’s team should integrate a code library with new software. And despite the fact they work pretty fast, they cannot update every part of the APIs (Application Programming Interface) at once. That’s why the full synchronization between React Native and new SDKs (software development kit) often takes too long.
WHAT ARE API AND SDK?
API is an interface that allows software programs to interact with each other, whereas an SDK is a set of tools that can be used to develop software applications targeting a specific platform. So an API can be seen as a simple SDK without all the debugging support etc.
WHY REACT NATIVE IS GAINING POPULARITY?
React native is gaining tremendous popularity, especially among startups. This is because it gives them the option of hiring a single developer to create mobile apps for different platforms. With new technological discoveries being made every day, efficiency and competence of mobility solutions are certainly increasing. Here are a couple of more reasons, that have made React Native a favorite choice:
- It facilitates developers in creating mobile apps simultaneously for different operating systems.
- A lot of time is saved and resource wastage is avoided. As opposed to when the developers would create separate apps for different operating systems, beginning from scratch for each.